Terms & Conditions VanLife MTL and JeepLife MTL
Valid January 1st 2019 – December 31st 2019
- A $2 500 security deposit will be held on your credit card at the signature of the contract (departure day), and will be refunded when you return, as soon as our team has confirmed the good condition of the vehicle.
- We do not accept debit or pre-paid credit cards.
- The security deposit is required to cover the deductible in the event of an incident, potential overhead costs such as mileage, fines, breakage or loss of accessories, and damage to the vehicle.
- The security deposit of any tenant involved in an accident will be withheld (within the maximum amounts indicated below) for at least 90 days until the claim is settled.
DRIVER’S LICENSE & MINIMUM AGE
- Drivers must be 25 years of age or over.
- A current and full motor vehicle driver’s license is required for the entire renting.
- The original driver’s license must be shown at time of pick-up.
- As for our customers coming from elsewhere in the world, we ask that you get an international driving license.
- Additional drivers must be approved and listed on the rental agreement to drive the van and a 50$ fee will be charged for every additional driver.
- The total amount of the trip is paid by credit card upon reservation.
- All prices are indicated in Canadian dollars.
- All credit card transactions are conducted in Canadian dollars at the rate of the day.
- Due to exchange rate fluctuations, there could be some variations in the amount refunded compared to the amount initially charged. VanLife MTL and JeepLife MTL does not accept any liability for exchange rate fluctuations.
- Refunds by credit cards can take up to 15 working days depending on the renter’s financial institution. In case of accident it could take up to 90 working days.
MINIMUM/MAXIMUM RENTAL PERIOD
- We require a 4 days minimum rental.
- There is no maximum rental period. Although, you need to contact us directly for any renting that would last over 120 days.
- We may reconsider this policy and make an exception for group bookings or special occasions. Please contact us for more information.
- We reserve the right to upgrade or assign to your reservation a similar or superior category of vehicle. No refund will be made in the event that a similar vehicle is awarded to you.
- To ensure the smooth operation of our company, all returns must be made at the scheduled time: between 9am to 3pm.
- Plan your schedule accordingly. Any delay will be penalized at the rate of $ 75 / hour.
- No refund will be issued for early return.
- Please give us a call if you’re worried about getting your vehicle back in time, we’ll work to accommodate you the best we can.
- Your last renting day will cost the same price as any other renting days of your trip, no matter what time you bring the vehicle back. The amount related to this time period is meant to cover the cleaning fees.
- We offer 3 insurance packages to meet your needs. Click here to choose the ideal plan for your stay.
- We also invite you to contact your credit card provider to find out if you are entitled to travel coverage.
DAMAGES OR LOSSES NOT COVERED BY INSURANCE
- All rental equipment (SUP, BBQ, etc.), the aft cabin (Solar panel, roof fan, fridge, cabinets, etc.) and external accessories that are not part of the original vehicle are not covered by insurance. If one or more of those are missing or broken when you return, you will have to pay the fees covering the total cost of the items (at their currents prices). Be careful!
- List of van damages related costs : click here.
- 150$ administration fee: if the reservation is cancelled 30 days or more prior to the pickup date.
- We will retain 50% of the total of your rental, if you cancel within 30 days of the pick-up date.
- No refunds, if you cancel within 7 days of the pick-up date.
- All cancellations must be submitted in writing to VanLife MTL at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dogs are welcome!
- An additional charge of $ 150 will be charged for the duration of the rental for cleaning and the covers provided (dogs: we love them but they’re messy!). For any damage (chewed bench, scratched furniture, etc.), the cost of the repair will be deducted from the security deposit.
- The maximum is two dogs per vehicle.
- Never leave your pet alone in your vehicle with all the windows closed. Pets are not immune to heatstroke. In a vehicle with all the windows rolled up and all the doors closed, the temperature can rise quickly and prove fatal.
- The rental includes the necessary equipment for preparing and cooking meals.
- Lost or broken accessories during your rental will be charged at the market price in full. For the list of costs for each accessory.
- For the complete list of accessories available for rent as an addition to your trip, click here. (lien document “extras”)
- It is strictly forbidden to smoke in vehicles.
- A $250 cleaning fee will apply and deducted from the renter’s security deposit upon return of the vehicle if there is evidence that smoking occurred.
PRIOR TO DEPARTURE
- Each vehicle will be inspected by the customer and a VanLife Mtl/JeepLife MTL employee.
MAINTENANCE & RESPONSIBILITY
- You are required to use the correct fuel and protect the vehicle against inclement weather. Failure to do so will result in damages due to the customer. Our winter fleet comes equipped with snow tires, but we advise you to use your best judgement and only travel when you are comfortable to handle winter conditions especially in the Chic Choc or the Rockies.
- Cleaning – We require that each van be returned in a clean and respectable state, similar to when you picked it up initially. A cleaning fee will be charged to the customer if the van is returned in any other condition.
- Tire damage – VanLife MTL and JeepLife MTL will replace and change tires on a regular basis due to wear and tear. All other damages incurred to the tires/wheels is the customer’s responsibility unless you agreed to the enhanced or optimal insurance pack.
- Windshield damage – Any new damage to the windshield is the responsibility of the renter unless you have agreed to the optimal insurance pack.
- Your rental includes 200 km per rental day. Click here for our additional mileage packages.
- Extra kilometers will be charged $ 0.30 per kilometer.
- When the vehicle is running, the number of passengers may not exceed the number of approved seatbelts in the van.
- Passengers seatbelts must be fastened at all times when the vehicle is in motion.
- Every driver must respect the road code.
- The tenant is responsible for any contravention received during the rental period. For any contravention issued during your rental period that you did not pay, you will be required to pay the fees charged in addition to a $ 25 administration fee.
- In case of accident, responsible or not, we ask you to contact us as soon as possible to let us know. For an accident where you are not responsible (0%), you will be entitled to a replacement vehicle (car or minivan) provided by our insurance within 24 hours of the incident. In any case, you will have to pay the rent yourself and wait for the insurer’s report to be compensated. In the event that the vehicle is out of service or in a state of total loss, we will do our best to help you continue your journey or return. No refund will be issued on lost days.
SPEEDING (Photo Radar)
- You must at all times respect the speed limits.
- For any contravention issued during your rental period that you did not pay, you will be required to pay the fees charged in addition to a $ 25 administration fee.
- You must pay the fees at each toll station. If this is not the case, we will charge the amount to your credit card with an additional $ 25 for administrative fees.
- You are responsible for respecting the laws. VanLife MTL and JeepLife MTL disclaims all liability for the towing of the vehicle.
- For most rentals, the tank will be full at the start and will have to be returned as well. Otherwise, the vehicle must be reported containing the same amount of gasoline as at the time of rental. A penalty of $ 50 plus the full amount will be charged to your credit card if this condition is not met.
- A petrol station is near our offices in case of forgetfulness.
- It is permitted to travel on public roads in Canada and the United States.
- No off-road is allowed. Insurances do not cover any damages if the customers do not respect this directive, they (the customers) will so be forced to pay all fees related to damages.
- It is not permitted to use our vans on these roads:
- Vehicles are not permitted to enter Mexico at any time.
- Denali Highway in Alaska is off limits.
- North Canol Highway in the Yukon is off limits.
- Dalton Highway (north of Livingood) is off limits.
- Taylor Highway (Hwy#5) north to Eagle from the junction of the Top of the World Highway (Hwy#9), Tractor Trail and the Taylor Highway (Hwy#5) west to Chicken. Travel on the Taylor Highway to Chicken, Alaska is permitted.
- McCarthy Road between Chitina and McCarthy, Alaska is off limits.
- In case of accident we ask you to think about your safety first.
- In the event of a serious accident, call 911 for immediate assistance.
- If needed, you will find a Joint Report of Automobile accident in your glove compartment.
- After any type of incident, please contact us at 514 903-1995 as soon as possible to inform us of the situation. Depending on the situation, we will assist you for the next steps.
Rental rates, policies and conditions are subject to change without notice.