Terms & Conditions VanLife MTL and JeepLife MTL
Valid January 1st 2020 – December 31st 2020
COVID-19: CLEANING AND DISINFECTION PROTOCOL
Thorough cleaning of our vehicles has always been part of our basic practices. It is important for VanLife MTL to ensure that our vans and equipment are clean at all times.
And although these practices are already well established, we are aware that more than ever we must pay special attention to the cleanliness and sanitation of our rental spaces and products.
Thus, we have put in place additional measures to clean and disinfect everything in accordance with the directives of the health authorities. These measures include cleaning the interiors and exteriors of our vans with a multi-surface disinfectant. We are also focusing even more specifically on all areas that are frequently touched by travelers, including the driving section. Bedding and dishes are also washed in hot water.
We hope that these measures will reassure you and allow you to have a pleasant stay in one of our vans.
Cancellation policy related to COVID-19
In the event of a second quarantine, the following flexible booking modification policies will be temporarily reinstated:
- Cancellations made within 30 days or more prior to departure: full refund of the reservation, but a $150 administrative fee will be charged.
- Cancellations made between 8 and 30 days prior to departure date:
- 2.1. A credit value matching 100% of the reservation amount will be granted to postpone the equivalent reservation placed within the next 18 months.
- 2.2. If you wish to proceed to a complete cancellation without postponement, 50% of the total amount of the reservation will be refunded.
- Cancellations made 6 to 7 days before the departure date:
- 3.1. A credit value matching 100% of the reservation amount will be granted to postpone the equivalent reservation placed within the next 18 months.
- 3.2. If you wish to proceed with a complete cancellation without it being postponed no refund will be applicable.
- Cancellations made 5 days before your departure: No refund or postponement of your reservation.
*Please note that this policy is subject to change according to the evolution of the situation. Thank you for your understanding.
Any request for cancellation or rental modification must be made in writing to email@example.com or by phone at 514-903-1995.
- A $2 500 security deposit will be held on your credit card at the signature of the contract (departure day), and will be refunded when you return, as soon as our team has confirmed the good condition of the vehicle.
- We do not accept debit or pre-paid credit cards.
- The security deposit is required to cover the deductible in the event of an incident, potential overhead costs such as mileage, fines, breakage or loss of accessories, and damage to the vehicle.
- The security deposit of any tenant involved in an accident will be withheld (within the maximum amounts indicated below) for at least 90 days until the claim is settled.
DRIVER’S LICENSE & MINIMUM AGE
- Drivers must be 25 years of age or over.
- A current and full motor vehicle driver’s license is required for the entire renting.
- The original driver’s license must be shown at time of pick-up.
- As for our customers coming from elsewhere in the world, we highly suggest to have an international driving license.
- Your rental included one driver. Additional drivers must be approved and listed on the rental agreement to drive the van and a $50 fee will be charged for every additional driver.
- The total amount of the trip is paid by credit card upon reservation.
- All prices are indicated in Canadian dollars.
- All credit card transactions are conducted in Canadian dollars at the rate of the day.
- Due to exchange rate fluctuations, there could be some variations in the amount refunded compared to the amount initially charged. VanLife MTL and JeepLife MTL does not accept any liability for exchange rate fluctuations.
- Refunds by credit cards can take up to 15 working days depending on the renter’s financial institution. In case of accident it could take up to 90 working days.
MINIMUM/MAXIMUM RENTAL PERIOD
- We require a 4 days minimum rental (only exception for the Ski In Ski Out package).
- There is no maximum rental period. Although, you need to contact us directly for any renting that would last over 120 days.
- Our vans are equipped for winter: winter tires, snow brushes and scraper, shovel, steel traction, and tow cable.
- Our winter fleet is equipped with winter tires, but we advise you to use your judgment before venturing into parks and other high-risk areas.
- To avoid damaging the van and its equipment in winter, we ask you to keep the heater running at all times at a minimum temperature of 15 Celsius.
* Customers who do not comply with this instruction may damage the campervan and be charged for repairs.
- A heating pipe is located near the rear tire on the driver side. It is important to ensure that it is constantly cleared of snow to avoid gasoline emissions in the van.
Take note: our vans have carbon monoxide detectors.
- We recommend that you clear the snow from your solar panel to ensure that you recharge your batteries.
- To ensure the smooth operation of our company, all returns must be made at the scheduled time: between 9am to 3pm.
- Plan your schedule accordingly. Any delay will be penalized at the rate of $ 75 / hour.
- No refund will be issued for early return.
- Please give us a call if you’re worried about getting your vehicle back in time, we’ll work to accommodate you the best we can.
- Your last renting day will cost the same price as any other renting days of your trip, no matter what time you bring the vehicle back. The amount related to this time period is meant to cover the cleaning fees.
DAMAGES OR LOSSES NOT COVERED BY INSURANCE
- All rental equipment (SUP, BBQ, etc.), the aft cabin (Solar panel, roof fan, fridge, cabinets, etc.) and external accessories that are not part of the original vehicle are not covered by insurance. If one or more of those are missing or broken when you return, you will have to pay the fees covering the total cost of the items (at their currents prices). Be careful!
- List of van damages related costs : click here.
Except for Vanlife Nordic packages
- 150$ administration fee: if the reservation is cancelled 30 days or more prior to the pickup date.
- We will retain 50% of the total of your rental, if you cancel within 30 days of the pick-up date.
- No refunds, if you cancel within 7 days of the pick-up date.
- All cancellations must be submitted in writing to VanLife MTL at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dogs are welcome!
- An additional charge of $ 150 will be charged for the duration of the rental for cleaning and the covers provided (dogs: we love them but they’re messy!). For any damage (chewed bench, scratched furniture, etc.), the cost of the repair will be deducted from the security deposit.
- The maximum is two dogs per vehicle.
- Never leave your pet alone in your vehicle with all the windows closed.
- • The rental includes the necessary equipment for preparing and cooking meals.
- Lost or broken accessories during your rental will be charged at the market price in full. For the list of costs for each accessory.
- For the complete list of accessories included in your rental, click here.
- For the complete list of accessories available for rent as an addition to your trip, click here.
- It is strictly forbidden to smoke in vehicles.
- A $250 cleaning fee will apply and deducted from the renter’s security deposit upon return of the vehicle if there is evidence that smoking occurred.
PRIOR TO DEPARTURE
- Each vehicle will be inspected by the customer and a VanLife Mtl/JeepLife MTL employee.
MAINTENANCE & RESPONSIBILITY
- Cleaning – We require that each van be returned in a clean and respectable state, similar to when you picked it up initially. A cleaning fee will be charged to the customer if the van is returned in any other condition.
- Tire damage – VanLife MTL and JeepLife MTL will replace and change tires on a regular basis due to wear and tear. All other damages incurred to the tires/wheels is the customer’s responsibility unless you agreed to the enhanced or optimal insurance pack.
- Windshield damage – Any new damage to the windshield is the responsibility of the renter unless you have agreed to the optimal insurance pack.
- Your rental includes 200 km per rental day. Click here for our additional mileage packages.
- Extra kilometers will be charged $ 0.30 per kilometer.
- Mileage packages are not refundable if you have not used them during your trip.
- When the vehicle is running, the number of passengers may not exceed the number of approved seatbelts in the van.
- Passengers seatbelts must be fastened at all times when the vehicle is in motion.
- In the event of a lost key, a charge of $450 will be deducted from your deposit.
- Every driver must respect the road code.
- The tenant is responsible for any contravention received during the rental period. For any contravention issued during your rental period that you did not pay, you will be required to pay the fees charged in addition to a $ 25 administration fee.
- In case of accident, responsible or not, we ask you to contact us as soon as possible to let us know. For an accident where you are not responsible (0%), you will be entitled to a replacement vehicle (car or minivan) provided by our insurance within 24 hours of the incident. In any case, you will have to pay the rent yourself and wait for the insurer’s report to be compensated. In the event that the vehicle is out of service or in a state of total loss, we will do our best to help you continue your journey or return. No refund will be issued on lost days.
SPEEDING (Photo Radar)
- You must at all times respect the speed limits.
- For any contravention issued during your rental period that you did not pay, you will be required to pay the fees charged in addition to a $ 25 administration fee.
- You must pay the fees at each toll station. If this is not the case, we will charge the amount to your credit card with an additional $ 25 for administratio fees.
- All towing is at your expense, excluding those affected by the vehicle warranty. You are required to respect the highway code.
- For most rentals, the tank will be full at the start and will have to be returned as well. Otherwise, the vehicle must be reported containing the same amount of gasoline as at the time of rental. A penalty of $ 50 plus the full amount will be charged to your credit card if this condition is not met.
- A petrol station is near our offices in case of forgetfulness.
- It is permitted to travel on public roads in Canada and the United States.
- No off-road is allowed. Insurances do not cover any damages if the customers do not respect this directive, they (the customers) will so be forced to pay all fees related to damages.
- It is not permitted to use our vans on these roads:
- Vehicles are not permitted to enter Mexico at any time.
- Denali Highway in Alaska is off limits.
- North Canol Highway in the Yukon is off limits.
- Dalton Highway (north of Livingood) is off limits.
- Taylor Highway (Hwy#5) north to Eagle from the junction of the Top of the World Highway (Hwy#9), Tractor Trail and the Taylor Highway (Hwy#5) west to Chicken. Travel on the Taylor Highway to Chicken, Alaska is permitted.
- McCarthy Road between Chitina and McCarthy, Alaska is off limits.
- In case of accident we ask you to think about your safety first.
- In the event of a serious accident, call 911 for immediate assistance.
- If needed, you will find a Joint Report of Automobile accident in your glove compartment.
- After any type of incident, please contact us at 514 903-1995 as soon as possible to inform us of the situation. Depending on the situation, we will assist you for the next steps.
VANLIFE NORDIC PACKAGES
- VanLife Nordic implies multiple companies, which is why the cancellation clauses are different from regular VanLife MTL rentals:
- Fee of 10% of the total amount of the reservation: Cancellations made 30 days or more before the departure date. For air flights, a 100% charge on the flight costs will be retained.
- Fee of 50% of the total amount of the reservation: Cancellations made 30 days or less before the departure date.
- No refund: Cancellations made 7 days or less before the departure date. Any request for cancellation or modification of the rental must be made in writing to email@example.com
- The packages are in partnership with Voyages Eeyou Istchee Baie-James, the official regional travel agency of Eeyou Istchee Baie-James, holder of a Quebec permit. The sums coming from VanLife Nordic are deposited in a trust account of Voyages Eeyou Istchee Baie-James inc.
- Due to the gravel roads (rocks), we recommend taking optional optimized insurance in order to have protection for the windshield and tires. Click here to see our insurance packages
- An activity canceled due to the weather is considered a case of major force. Contact Voyages Eeyou Istchee Baie-James to see if the solutions available to you! 1-855-745-3888
- You are responsible for respecting the itinerary schedule, we will not reimburse activities in which you have not participated.
Rental rates, policies and conditions are subject to change without notice.